Albondiga Soup by Karina T. Toledo
1 lb ground beef
3 Stems of Parsley (chopped)
2 tomatillos (green tomatoes) peeled
2 small pieces Onion
2 cloves Garlic
Can of Chipotle sauce (optional if you like a little spice)
1/4 cup of cooked rice
1 cube of Knorr chicken flavoring
3 eggs (hard boiled and cut in 4 pieces each)
1. Blend together 2 tomatillos and parsley with a small piece of onion (small) and one garlic clove. Add about 2-3 tbs of water (so that it can blend better)
2. In a bowl add mixture (step 1) with ground beef and cooked rice
3. In a small sauce pan boil 4 tomatoes, then blend the tomatoes with the other small piece for onion and remaining garlic clove and a 1/2 cup of water.
4. In a big soup pan add the mixture (from step 3) let it simmer, add 1/2-1 cup of water (depending on how thick you want the soup). Let it simmer for 5 mins. then add the cube of chicken flavoring and salt to taste (you can add 1/2-1 tbs of chipotle sauce if you want to make it spicy)
5. Roll ground beef into meatballs insert a piece of the hard boiled egg in the center. Once you have roll all the meatballs add them to the sauce pan and let it simmer for 10-15 mins.